“Gymnastics and Athletic Club of Alsleben-on-the-
Saale” come into existence on November 5, 1896. It was
located in “Siebert’s Beer Hall.” Theodor Siebert became its first
chairman in 1897 In 1901 the weight
training section of the club broke away and established
an independent “strength sport club.” Here, the disciplines
typical of heavy training were pursued: weightlifting,
wrestling and feats of strength were all practiced.